Table of Contents
Digital Marketing Strategy in the Automobile Industry by Richard Uzelac
Let’s Define Automotive Industry
The automotive industry comprises companies and organizations involved in designing, developing, manufacturing, marketing, and selling motor vehicles. Some of them are called automakers. It is one of the world’s most significant economic sectors in terms of revenue. The word “automotive” was coined from Greek autos (self-powered vehicle), and Latin Motus (motion) is a term that refers to any form of self-powered vehicle. While many of us think that the Automotive industry includes Auto Repair Shops and Gas stations, but it does not, however, they still contribute significantly to the said industry.
How is Digital Marketing Challenging the Automotive Industry?
The Automotive Industry needs to take a great leap in Digital Marketing strategy. It is one of the industries that is challenged in terms of digital marketing strategies, as it is one of the biggest in revenue among many verticals. And so, it needs strong technology to create a good return on investment. As automotive is doing an excellent job in innovation, cultivating digital innovation is as important as the latter. It offers good insights and knowledge to your product, resulting in more incoming sales, and no wonder the economy will result on the good side. The world is undergoing a technological revolution that is drastically changing how we communicate, consume content, travel from one place to another, and how we get around on a daily basis. Just like they’re innovating the parts of the automobile, we should utilize how digital technology is innovating like these:
- Communication with the customer is important. Nowadays, people utilize social media like Facebook marketplace and Facebook messaging system, which automates auto response to customers and faqs. Because communication is made easy through this, it enhances relationships with dealerships and their customers. So it helps dealers reach more sales.
- Producing valuable and consistency with producing content will help people, including an audience who are not thinking of buying, to be guided and let you be on top of their minds.
- Not building promotions through LANDING PAGES is another key to losing sales since this undermines your capacity. And thus, competitors overpowers and audiences shift to their store. Take, for example, another dealer that is using coupons and special promotions then obviously, they’ll buy there.
- Invest in great web designs. People will keep using your service if your website is user friendly
- Optimize LANDING PAGES, get them to give you their phone number or email address
- Utilize your website pages for services and not just use it for showcasing your automobiles.
After Covid, How is the Automobile Industry Coping Up?
As we all know, sales have plunged and dipped worldwide since February 2020. Businesses have turned into the online world ever since the world was hit by COVID, and the aftermath is rapid competition. So how do we rise above many of these competitors? The traditional way of marketing has been reduced due to what has happened. Since then consumer behavior has evolved. So embracing the new digital marketing strategy has become more effective in the automobile industry. Here are the steps in utilising the best strategy for the automobile industry: – Richard Uzelac
It is evident that when a page loads fast, google is going to rank your page higher. Not only that, optimizing the structure of your website is relevant for search engines like Google, Yahoo! And Bing. These search engines use “spiders” or “crawlers” to catalog website content and determine a site’s ranking based on a number of factors. SEO is a big topic and its small marginal gains are what will help you reach the top. Just like Kaizen, every little thing matters.
- Social Media
Social media will help you increase brand awareness and generate leads for your small business.
Here are four ways you can use social media marketing to help grow your business:
- Build brand awareness – By creating compelling social media content, you can build brand awareness, promote products/services and drive traffic to your website.
- Attract new customers – By increasing engagement and followers on social media, you can increase awareness of your brand and attract new customers.
- Engage with existing customers – Engaging with customers on social media is an effective strategy for audience retention! For example, respond personally to comments on your business’ Facebook page to show your customers are important to you.
- Video Marketing
Video marketing can be very effective for auto parts manufacturers because it helps explain the functionalities of the machine
- Email Marketing
Boosts traffic drive to your website and an effective way to draw customers to promotional offers
- Content Marketing
When it comes to implementing digital marketing strategies, one of the most important factors to take into consideration is the type of content required to engage customers. Invest on video ads.
The rise of electric vehicles and autonomous vehicles has made an indelible mark on the auto industry in recent years and will continue to make a major impact going forward. While these trends will impact virtually all auto brands in some capacity, some will be better equipped than others to respond effectively to changing consumer demands.
– Richard Uzelac, Digital Marketing Consultant of GoMarketing